Police BriefsPolice Briefs

CK police briefs - Monday, September 25, 2023

$60K worth of tools stolen during break-in

Chatham-Kent Crime Stoppers is putting out a call for tips after someone broke into a business on Inshes Avenue in Chatham and took off with about $60,000 worth of equipment.

Crime Stoppers said the break-in took place sometime between 4:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 19.

Officers said whoever broke in took off with table saws, mitre saws, compressors, nailers, and planers.

Anyone with information should contact police or Crime Stoppers and could be eligible for a cash reward.

If you know who is responsible, you can call 1800-222-8477 with your anonymous information.


Wallaceburg woman rains down punches during argument

A 20-year-old Wallaceburg woman is facing an assault charge after she allegedly hit a man in the face at least once for every year she's been alive.

CK police said they made the arrest after they were called to an address in Wallaceburg on Saturday for a domestic disturbance.

Police said they learned that a man and a woman were arguing there when the woman allegedly hit the victim in the face approximately 20 times with a closed fist.

Officers said the man suffered an injury to his lip.

When police found the 20-year-old Wallaceburg woman accused of hitting the man, they arrested her and charged her with one count of assault.

She was taken to police headquarters and was later released with conditions and a future court date.


Wheatley man accused of trying to strangle someone

A 51-year-old Wheatley man is facing charges after he allegedly attacked someone over the weekend.

Police said officers were called to the residence in Wheatley at around 2:40 p.m. Sunday and were told that the man had tried to strangle the victim, leaving red markings around their neck.

Officers said they also learned the man had allegedly assaulted and threatened the victim.

The man was arrested and charged with one count of uttering threats and one count of assault.

He was taken to police headquarters and later released with conditions and a future court date.

Read More Local Stories