Police BriefsPolice Briefs

CK police briefs - Sunday, February 11, 2024

Chatham man arrested for attacking a woman

Chatham-Kent police were called to a Tweedsmuir Avenue West address in Chatham for an incident of intimate partner violence.

Police said that a man and woman got into an argument at about 8:30 p.m. on Saturday which resulted in the woman being assaulted. It was determined that the man also damaged the woman's phone.

Following an investigation, a 39-year-old man was charged with assault and mischief under $5,000.


Police investigating break-and-enter

Police were called to a Coutt's Line address near Tilbury at about 8 a.m. on Saturday about a break-and-enter.

It was discovered that suspect(s) broke into a shed overnight and took approximately $1,000 worth of property.

The investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Constable Colin Tetreault at colint@chatham-kent.ca or 519-436-6600 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).


Mischief maker charged after two trips to the same address

Chatham-Kent police responded to a home on Pearl Crescent on Saturday due to a man trespassing and damaging a tenant's property.

At the time, the tenant didn't wish to press charges and asked for officers to remove the man from the property.

According to police, at 2 a.m. on Sunday, the man returned to the address and caused damage by kicking at a door.

The man was found a short distance away and arrested. The 29-year-old man has been charged with mischief under $5,000.


Chatham man arrested for bail violation

A 21-year-old man has been charged with breaching a probation order and for not complying with a release order.

Police located the man on Prince Street South in Chatham at about 10:30 a.m. on Saturday.

After his arrest, the man was taken to police headquarters where he was held for a bail hearing.


Wanted man arrested in Tilbury

While on patrol in Tilbury, police arrested a man on an outstanding warrant.

The man was located at about 4 p.m. on Saturday on Tilbury Street.

He was released from police custody with a future court date.

Read More Local Stories