Be prepared for some detours if you're driving around in the Wallaceburg-area Monday.
Officials with the St. Clair Region Conservation Authority (SCRCA) issued an update early Monday morning, saying that water levels are high across the area and continue to slowly rise along the Sydenham River watershed.
As a result, officials have closed the gates of the McKeough Dam in order to divert water away from Wallaceburg, but several roads are still closed due to flooding.
They are as follows:
· Booth Road from Langstaff line to McCreary line
· Langstaff line from Kimball road to Richardson Road
· Otter line in Wallaceburg
St. Clair Township:
· Stanley Line east of Kimball Road
· Pretty Road north of McCallum Line
· Durham Creek Line at Black Ash Line
· Fairweather Road Between Rokeby Line and Shiloh Line
· Fairweather Road between Oil Springs Line and Aberfeldy Line
The latest update from the SCRCA is also reminding residents that river banks are especially slippery right now and the water is cold and moving quickly, so you are urged to avoid waterways and flooded areas.