File photo courtesy of © Can Stock Photo Inc. / MichaelFelixFile photo courtesy of © Can Stock Photo Inc. / MichaelFelix
London

Aylmer man charged with sexually assaulting child at sleepover

Charges have been laid against an Aylmer man accused of sexually assaulting a young girl during a sleepover early last year.

Aylmer police said their investigation determined the incident happened sometime between January and February of 2021 when an 11-year-old girl was visiting a relative in the town for a sleepover.

During the visit, the girl was touched "for a sexual purpose," police said.

A 54-year-old Aylmer man was arrested last week. He is charged with sexual assault and sexual interference.

Police did not release his name publicly.

Read More Local Stories

(File photo courtesy of © Can Stock Photo Inc. / dehooks)

Scoreboard, May 20

The Toronto Blue Jays ninth inning rally came up short again as they lost 5-4 to the New York Yankees Tuesday night.