Police BriefsPolice Briefs

CK police briefs - Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Man accused of almost a dozen offences arrested again after skipping court

The law has come calling again for a 58-year-old man who was already facing a long list of charges in Chatham-Kent.

Chatham-Kent police said they found the man -- who was wanted for failing to show up for a scheduled court appearance -- while officers were investigating a separate matter on Park Avenue West in Chatham just before noon on Tuesday.

Officers said they took the man back to police headquarters and later released him with conditions and a future court date.

He is currently facing two counts of break and enter along with one count each of: failing to attend court, failing to comply with a release order, assault, theft, possession, mischief, and possession of stolen property.


CK officers get an assist from Walpole Island police

Chatham-Kent police got some help from their colleagues at the Walpole Island First Nation on Tuesday.

CK police said they made a trip to the Walpole Island Police Service Station just after 4:15 p.m. Tuesday and arrested a man who was in custody there.

Police said the man was wanted by CK police for failing to attend court.

The 29-year-old Wallaceburg man is currently charged with resisting arrest, possession of stolen property, and robbery.

He was assigned a new court date and was released from custody.


Police catch up with wanted woman

A Wallaceburg woman accused of skipping her court date has a new appointment with a judge now.

CK police said they found her on Montgomery Drive in Wallaceburg shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday and confirmed he was wanted on an outstanding warrant.

The 28-year-old Wallaceburg woman is charged with impaired driving and driving without a license and is scheduled to appear in court next month.


Man arrested for public intoxication after disturbance

A 23-year-old Chatham man spent some time sobering up in police custody after officers were called to a late-night disturbance in Chatham.

CK police said they were called to a residence on Sheldon Avenue at 11:23 p.m. Tuesday and found the man there.

Officers said he was intoxicated to the point where he couldn't properly care for himself, so he was taken to police headquarters until he was sober.

Read More Local Stories