Police BriefsPolice Briefs

CK police briefs – Sunday, February 12, 2023

Wallaceburg man charged after family dispute

A 36-year old man has been charged after police responded to an unwanted person complaint in Wallaceburg.

On Saturday morning, police were called to a home on Edwy Street from which the residents wished to have their adult son removed. Police say the man kicked over a stationary bike and caused damage to the frame. Officers also allege that the son had threatened his mother earlier in the day.

As a result of their investigation, the man was charged with mischief under $5,000 and uttering threats.

The accused was released from custody with a future court date.


Suspended driver discovered behind the wheel

A traffic stop led to the arrest of man who violated his conditions under the Criminal Code and Highway Traffic Act.

Police say at 12:38 a.m. Sunday, a vehicle was pulled over on King Street West in Chatham. Officers reportedly discovered that the driver was under conditions which barred him from operating a motor vehicle.

The 22-year-old Florence man was charged with operation while prohibited under the Criminal Code, and three counts of driving while under a Highway Traffic Act suspension.

His vehicle was also impounded for 90 days, according to police.

The accused was released from custody with a future court date.


Man and woman arrested after parking lot altercation

A man and a woman have each been charged after officers responded to a domestic dispute in a business parking lot.

Police said just after 2 a.m. Sunday,  they were called to an lot on Dufferin Ave. in Wallaceburg where a man and woman were involved in an altercation.

Through investigation, police found cause to charge the man with one count of assault. When attempting to arrest the accused, officers say they were assaulted by the involved woman who wanted to prevent her counterpart from being taken into custody.

The woman was then placed under arrest for assaulting and obstructing an officer, according to police.

The man and woman were taken to police headquarters and later released under conditions.

Read More Local Stories