One person has suffered slight burns and smoke inhalation following an apartment fire in Blenheim.
Crews from Chatham-Kent Fire and Emergency Services were called to the stove fire at 57 Talbot St. W on Monday at around 3pm.
EMS immediately tended to the injured resident, who became burned after attempting to move the burning pot out of the apartment.
The apartment building was cleared and the fire was quickly extinguished. A cat was also rescued from the building after the fire was out.
EMS say the building had proper smoke detectors installed that alerted residents of the fire.
The fire caused around $5,000 in damages.